Friday, February 20, 2009

January 30, 2009

I haven’t written anything about our journey to Belgium in the past few days. I have been busy trying to keep the house “perfect” for possible showings. We are really praying that the house will sell easily. We had our first showing exactly one week to the day after the house was put on the market. Yeah!!! The feedback that we received was that the potential buyer loved our house, doesn’t think the price is a problem, and they do not have to sell a home themselves. So that all sounds great and our realtor was hoping that they might call for a second showing. Well, it is now four days later and we haven’t heard anything. I know I shouldn’t be, but I am bummed! I really, really just want all of this to go smoothly and for us to move forward. I am so tired of living in limbo. The space where we know we are leaving so we don’t want to continue to make friends here and get comfortable. This being the umpteenth time that we have gone through this, I am feeling a bit weary. I just want it all to be over. At the same time I am scared about what I will be facing with living in another country. I am scared that I will not be able to learn French. I know that I am a bright, intelligent person, but learning a foreign language just seems so daunting for me. Of course, I am not exactly sticking to the plan to work on learning French before we go either. I bought a book on how to learn French in 10 minutes per day. Well…true to my nature and usual procrastination, I have not worked on it at all this week. I need to get in gear. I just feel overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. Keep the house perfect, home school the girls, get them up to speed for their new “fancy” International School, gather paperwork for applications to “fancy” International Schools, sell miscellaneous household appliances and furniture that we will not be taking with us, and then pack everyone up and drive them to Indiana; so that I can then get on a plane and fly to Belgium to see “fancy“ International school and tiny new home. The list just goes on and on. By the way, Elena has a birthday in the middle of all of this, so let’s plan a party too! I don’t mean to whine, I just feel inadequate sometimes and of course I keep getting bitten by the procrastination bug. If I weren’t procrastinating, then I wouldn’t be typing this journal entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment