Well, here we go, the packers are feverishly getting all of our belongings packed. We have moved into a The Marriott Residence Inn. It seems that we have a good packing crew...one can only tell on the other end when we unpack! The Lord has washed a calmness over me that I cannot describe. Usually, I am running around and feeling frazzled right about now, but here I am sitting at my computer as if I have nothing to do. I really don't right now, since it is being done for me.
Things have just continued to "fall" into place for us. We finally sold our washer and dryer. Then Stig bought me a new American dryer at Lowe's and they were able to deliver in time for the moving truck. We could not convert our washer, but we can the dryer, however, my buyer wanted a matching set. So, we sold them the set and bought me a new dryer to have shipped over. Apparently, the dryer's over in Europe are very different and my sweet hubby new that I would prefer the American version that I am used to. We had been having difficulty getting the Slingbox system to work. Stig spent six hours on Mother's Day trying to get it up and running at our friends who agreed to be our "host" family for our Slingbox. What is Slingbox? Well, it is a device that connects to your high speed Internet router and your television cable/satellite box to filter television to your laptop anywhere in the world. We bought it in the hopes of having our American television sent to my laptop in Belgium. The television over there will not be in English and it is not monitored for content like it sorta is in the U.S.. We feared that we had spent a lot of money and involved our friends only to have this idea be a bust. Stig decided to try one more time before really demanding a refund and low and behold someone finally saw the problem (on their end) and it is now working! Let's pray that it WILL work in Belgium too.
Our new friends here in Alabama have been very sweet with their good-byes and offers of help. We have been here now for almost two years, which seems to be about the time frame that it takes to really start to feel "at home" and make friends. It is somewhat sad to leave those new budding relationships, but easier than leaving the strong ties from our long-time friends and family.
We are moving forward with a positive attitude and armed with the feeling that we are following the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment