Friday, May 22, 2009

Is It Me Or....Are YOU Rude?

I went out alone for the first time today. I drove all the way to Waterloo by myself and test drove the car we are considering as Stig's company car. My legs feel like jello from driving a stick and nerves! BTW things are sooo small here, Stig scraped the side of the rear fender last night while backing into our tiny little parking space in the garage. Then this morning when I was exiting the garage, Stig directed me to swing left before turning right and I ran the side of the car into the side of the garage. Would have been better if I pulled straight out, backed up and then turned right. Should have done what I wanted!!! Sooo, we have only had this car for 6 days and we have both wrecked it. :( That did not start out my first day driving alone very well. I am sure that is why I felt a bit more nervous. Feels like cars and motorcycles are coming at you all the time on these tiny roads. Shew, I made it home and I think I will stay put. Our ship ahead boxes arrived and the girls are thrilled to have their scooters and American Girl dolls. I am happy to have my hot chocolate and coffee and my laptop desk. :) That's what I am doing now, cup of coffee/hot chocolate and typing. I think my nerves are starting to calm. :)


I test drove a Renault Espace, pronouced - (s pahs). That is the biggest one and comes with 5 seats with the option to choose 2 more for the back. It is kinda like a little SUV. It was fine, I was just really nervous and I haven't driven a stick in a very long time. We have to order the car (everyone does here), so we will get one that is automatic. I think that will help a lot. With my seat up so far, my arm is in a weird position to shift gears constantly. Besides driving a stick in the city is awful, constantly stopping and going. It felt HUGE, but Stig says it is much smaller than my Honda Odyssey. HMMM, guess it is the tiny roads and other tiny cars like SMART cars that made it feel so big.

When I returned to our apt. building there was a guy illegally parked partially blocking our garage entrance. Well, since I had the incident leaving, I was scared to try to get into the garage around him! So I drove up to our door and beeped for Stig to come. He looked out the window, didn't see me and sat back down! I was sooo annoyed! I drove around the block again, and the guy was still there! So I went to our door AGAIN and beeped louder for Stig, rolled down the passenger window and yelled his name! He heard and came out. When I told him what was wrong, he walked to the garage and wrote ASSHOLE in the dirt on that car's back window. Then he got in w/me in the passenger seat and said he thought he might be able to squeeze it in. So we drove around and the people were there.....washing their window with windex and paper towels! Guess they get ASSHOLE written on their window often since they were prepared!!!! LOL Anyway, Stig rolled down the window and told the guy how rude he was...he said, "In Brussels, we are arrogant"! Can you believe that? The rudeness here is going to make me CRAZY! They pulled off and we got into our garage. So, that is my story, and I am sure you can see why I needed a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment