Friday, May 22, 2009

Our New Temporary Apartment In Belgium






So the drivers dropped us off in our 3 bedroom Belgium Apartment in downtown Brussels. It is cute, decorated in a very contemporary fashion, but.....it smells! YUCK. We are supposed to have TV and Internet and we have neither. The building super came to look and it has not been connected so we have to wait until Monday for it. In the meantime he gave us the keys to the apartment across the hall so we can watch TV and have Internet. It is pretty much the same apartment, but...it does NOT smell.

I decided that instead of having the cable and Internet turned on in our apartment, let's move across the hall to the one that doesn't smell. I finally received approval of this plan on Tuesday! So, for four days we had two apartments! We were very happy to unpack and get settled into one apartment.

Elena and Isabella are sharing a room with two beds and Adriana has her very own room with a trundle bed and a desk. There are two "toilets, one bathtub/shower and one stand-up shower. Isabella is very excited with the tiny little sink in the powder room that is low enough for her to reach! We have a galley style kitchen and a tiny living/dining room combo.

Overall the apartment is pretty nice. However, I do look forward to finding our permanent home that is not in the city. Always thought that I hated living in the "country" when I was a child but...now I would love to be out in the country. Or at least a suburb!

No comments:

Post a Comment